Visit Our Pages...
about the caribbean voice
El Dorado Awards
It is only when you transform words into action invested in humane service
to your fellow man that you would experience real soul satisfaction.
Please click on the DONATE BUTTON on the right to make a donation to The Caribbean Voice to support our monthly self esteem workshops for youth and students and monthly community outreaches focusing on suicide prevention, domestic violence, child abuse, rape, incest, alcoholism and drug use.
TCV Bulletin TCV Bulletin
• Along with over 30 partners TCV is coordinating 'Voices Against Violence National Candlelight Vigil in Guyana, on September 10, to mark World Suicide Prevention Day. We invite NGOs, CBOs, FBOs and activists to plan vigils in their respective communities, to feed us the info so we can map it and provide necessary help including publicity. Please HERE here for information and updates. At this point 255 vigils are confirmed with more coming.
• Our August workshop for youth and studnets was held on 23rd at a youth camp at Enterprise.
• TCV is also planning to launch its 'Train the Trainer' Program in Berbice, at a date to be announced in October. The event will be hosted by the Corriverton Mayor and Town Council.
• Our trip, by Diaspora members, to Guyana, will be the last week of December. The Second Annual El Dorado Awards is set for December 29 at the Marriot Hotel. Please click HERE for more information.
• Please sign our petitions to Guyana's President, David Granger. Click Age of Consent which calls on his government to raise the age of consent from 16 to 18 and Registry of Sex Offenders calling for the establishment of a registry of sex offenders. Also please share both petitions as widely as possible via social media, email, phone, face to face contacts and any other means.
• Please do reach out to us so we can do outreaches in your communities and conduct self esteem and coping skills workshops in the schools or with youth groups in your areaa. And remember we are here to help in any way whatever, including providing counseling. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or call 621-6111 or 223-2637 (Guyana).
Suicide is not the Answer. Seek Help. Talk to Someone. Call the Hotline.
Copyright © The Caribbean Voice. All rights reserved.
Site created by KalArt Studios • www.kalartstudios.com • 646-807-9444