Please click on the DONATE BUTTON to make a
donation to The Caribbean Voice to support our
suicide prevention and anti-abuse campaign.
El Dorado Awards
Voices Against Violence
Food For Thought:
Caribbean Global News
The Caribbean Voice Team
• teacher training workshop on January 25 at Berbice High School in collaboration with the Guyana Teachers' Union
• train the trainer workshop on Feb. 3 at Rose Hall Estate Community Center in collaboration with GUYSUCO
• outreach on Feb. 9 at GTU T20 tournament at Albion Sports Complex
• train the trainer workshop on Feb. 17 at Skeldon Estate Recreation Center in collaboration with GUYSUCO
• in house training on Feb 24 on leadership, interaction and presentation skills
• Third Annual Anti-violence Candlelight Vigil on September 10 across Guyana
• Fourth Annual El Dorado Awards on July 28 at a venue to be announced
• launch of Concert For Hope in Guyana in July
• in house training in March on breathing and meditation as techniques to deal with depression and anxiety
• visit to Black Bush Polder to set up arrangements for a subsequent two day workshop intervention in February
• youth and students, teachers and train the trainer workshops in Black Bush Polder in April in collaboration with GTU and
CPA. in April
• train the trainer workshop at Grove/Diamond Vishnu Mandir in March
• three day intervention in Region One in May
• outreach in West Berbice in April
• in house training on mindfulness at date TBA.
Deputy National Coordinator (Guyana) of The Caribbean Voice Keshni (Chandanie) Rooplall is a youth, political and social activist, who firmly believes that we should not leave it to others to make a difference. In effect,
'If not us, WHO? If not now, When?'
First Vice President of The Caribbean Voice, Dr. Franklin Rodney, is an experienced educator, clinical psychologist, pastor and social activist who also mentors, coaches and guides especially young people. Dr. Rodney also believes that we must first take the lead in making a difference and then motivate others to walk this journey.