Jamaica: Helplines for Suicide, Abuse and so on
1. Woman Inc & Crisis Centre: Shelter for women and children in domestic crisis rape, incest, etc. 4 Ellesmere Road, Kingston 10. Telephone: 876-929-2997. Sam Sharp Square, Montego Bay. Telephone: 876-952-9533
2. Bureau of Gender Affairs: Promotes national strategies for gender equality. 5-9 South Odeon Avenue, Kingston 10. Telephone: 876-754-8576-8
3. Deaconess House: Offers temporary accommodation for women in crisis fire victims, ex-prisoners & victims of abuse. 4 Caledonia Avenue, Kingston 5. Telephone: 876 926-8856
4. Sisters United for Prayer, Healing Empowerment and Restoration: A support group for women dealing with relationship, family and job-related challenges. Contact Marie Berbick - Tel: 832-4867
5. Missionaries of the Poor: Free accommodation for poor, homeless, sick or destitute women. 74 Hanover Street, Kingston. Telephone: 876-922-4414
6. Association for the Control of Sexually Transmitted Diseases: Public education, peer counselling, training. 21 Slipe Pen Road, Kingston. Telephone: 876-967-5781
7. Young Women's Christian Association (YWCA): Provides social support to women and girls. 2H Camp Road, Kingston 4. Telephone: 876-9283023
8. Jamaica Constabulary Force: Spouses of members of the police force are being encouraged to utilise the secure and confidential 24-hour helplines offered through the force's Medical Services Branch (MSB), at
1-888-2-get-help (1888-2-438-4357), 482-7575 and 322-7292.
Incidents of abuse may also be reported by calling 119 or the nearest police station.
Guyana: Suicide Hotlines Helplines
Phone: 223-0001, 223-0009, 600-7896, 623-4444. What's App: (592) 600-7896 or 623-4444.
Cell: 600-7896 (toll free from Digicel phones), 623-4444
Bbm pin: 2BE55649, 2BE56020
Serenity Seekers Al-Anon Family Group: Nicky - 600-0832, Joanne - 619-4835
United States of America
Phone: 1-800-273-TALK (8255), 800-784-2433, 775-784-8090.
Text: "ANSWER" to 839863.
THE CARIBBEAN VOICE CONTACT
Phone: 646-461-0574 (USA), 621-6111, 223-2637 or 627-4423 (Guyana).
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Facebook IM: Annan Boodram, Bibi Ahamad, Dr. Franklin Rodney, Devv-Daniel Ramdass, Banmattie Jean Ram. Deodat Persaud, Keshni Rooplall, Dr. Dawn Stewart.
Phone: (246) 4299999
E-mail Helpline: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (784) 456 1044
Trinidad & Tobago
Phone: (868) 645 2800
Copyright © The Caribbean Voice. All rights reserved.
Site created by KalArt Studios • www.kalartstudios.com • 646-807-9444